Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
I'm installing the trial version of UBBThreads, downloaded today from this site.

Step 1: All listed files pass the permissions test.

Step 2 & 3: Database information is fine and the test table is added and dropped with no problem.

Step 4: Settings are correct. Top-level domain name for the install at this point, however, is not a domain name -- it's an IP/~username. I don't know if that's an issue, but thought I should mention it.

Step 5: "Checking all path/url information. Please make sure you have all files uploaded, or you will get false reporing. NOTE: The first 3 might fail if PHP is unable to open files via a URL. If that is the case you may continue to the next step." And in fact, the first 3 DO fail. And here's where it goes all wrong -- if I click either verify path info OR proceed to next step, I get "The page cannot be displayed." The file install.php IS present, and is in the install directory.

I double-checked the instructions to make sure all permissions were correct, and they are. I must confess, I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
What page is it trying to open, that it can't display? Looks like a path issue either with the url of x.x.x.x/~username or with the full path. Bear in mind that the actual url might be something like x.x.x.x/users/username (it will vary depending upon the server software) - the ~username is just a short cut. As chances are your IP is shared with several sites.

L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Perhaps I really AM too stupid to live!

I think you're on the right track, and I'm waiting until I have a functioning domain name on this IP before trying the install again. Thanks, Ian.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 878 guests, and 139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29