</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">Originally posted by Kayjey:
Just needs to gets a bit more focus on optimisation, as well as internally as externally.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">Very true. I reckon that all people who buy other bulletin board software instead of Threads do so simply because they don't like the design. I would say that this is Threads' weakest point.

Internally it's probably the best product out there, but externally it still leaves a lot to be desired. If Threads could look like Open Topic, I'm sure it would outsell competitive products by a mile.

Design really does matter. It's the same with cars, once you like how it looks on the outside, only then do you bother checking out the engine specs. I've yet to see a Threads board that looks great. Many look decent, but I don't think I've ever come across one where I said, "wow, this is what I want."

In general the software doesn't look as "professional" as it should. The simplest of things that should have been done a long time ago is a complete revamp of the posting icons (and other forum images). I mean this is the most basic of things that could have been done, especially since this has always been a strong point of Infopop.

Of course in this case it's quite easy to do one your own once you have the board installed, but how many first-timers (prospective customers) looked at a sample Threads board and thought to themselves, "Boy, this looks old and outdated."

---------
Go Cougs!