Well, what I was saying is that I can get it running without issues using the ascii text provided in the quote; I believe the issue is something other than the UBB being bonkers in this case as it works fine for me on 2 separate servers in which I have access to.

I'm hoping that Rick can mozy on by and provide some insight when he has a moment.

All that I did to test this was enter the language editor, use the "Search for String" option on the second tab, searched for "advanced", and edited the string (ADVANCED_BUTTON in portal_islands.php) and droped in the ascii text bove, then submitted the page.

After this I visited my forums and saw the Russian characters replacing "advanced", I then typed in a string to search for (on my forums at UGN I did "playstation") and clicked advanced, the search completed and data showed as expected.

I'd like to encourage others to do this quick update to see if they get a "working" or "Dead in the Water" result to see if it's a ubb issue or server issue.

The only real change that I have on my forums vs what any other UBB would have is that I'm running UTF-8, so I'd like to see if it's a characterset issue or a script issue, or even a server related issue.

I left this change on my home test forum if you'd like to try it out, I'm using the standard character set that the UBB ships with there (iso-8859-1).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!