As for the UI update only being how it looks. Not in the least. With the UI update the users will actually get a bunch of new things as well that we haven't been able to do with the current system, including the entire rewrite of the "My Stuff" area.
For instance?I say that because that wont sway me to hold out? (Like i have a choice? )
OUR MEMBERSI'm always going to fight the corner for the user / member.
I do think over the last 6-9 months they have had a raw deal,
give them some stuff to play with. There's probably half a dozen
mods over at dev that could come over.
#193800 - Sat Aug 04 2007 03:37 PM Re: Personal blog This will be coming. Doubtful in 7.3, but definitely by 7.4. As is the case with most new features like this it probably won't start out with everything under the sun like a true blogging system, but we'll try to get the basics in like we did with the photo gallery, that we can expand on.
#184540 - Tue May 22 2007 12:24 AM Was the payment structure being built into 7.2 ?
So that would be
Gallery
Blog
Payment options?
Just curious as they have been mentioned in the past.

Figured I'd answer this here. I was going to put in a bit more, Payment options and possibly the blog, but since I'm trying to keep the releases fairly quick, I probably won't squeeze those in. The gallery feature took a while and also still trying to work on importers as well.
I'll probably schedule the payment and blog features for 7.3, and focus on getting some smaller things into 7.2 so we can get into a private beta release sometime in the short term.
#166094 - Sat Oct 14 2006 03:54 PM lol. Basically I say the next version or two on some of these is because I don't know what's going to make it into the next version or two exactly. The big ticket things at this point would be: some sort of captcha, photo gallery forums, user blogs and payment processing (paypal at the minimum). Sprinkle those in with all the smaller things that need to be done, and you get my point. I don't want to be a year in between releases, rather would like to have at least a couple feature releases per year. So it's pick and choose which ones get in.
SummaryAs you can see we have had on the table since 2006 Blogs.
We have been told probably in a version or two and then
version 7.3 ?? But defiantly 7.4 (in 2007)
Any waysIts up to you the developer Rick.
My Members only have My voice and i have there replies,
I know that not one to the best of my knowledge has asked
for a fresher looking forum. I do know there talking about
face book and blogs most of the time, and the times ive
mentioned that blogs are coming i have a positive response.
Ive threw the Blog Quotes in for anyone wondering why were
going on and on about them, well seeing that we have been
asking since 2006 and promised in 2007 how many other reasons
will be the reason why its not this time around.
Rick -If you were to tell me that its a ball ache to Blog before UI
then fine, i cant get inside your head, but i can understand.
Your doing a fine job, you truly are, but keep us in the loop
and you will see we will follow like sheep and support you all
the more. I watch Gizmo's comments as i think he sees it through development eyes too, understanding the difficulties you
have. Gizmo's changed his mind and going UI but what does he know that we don't know? What is the definitive list of benefits?I think ive said as much as i want to say now,
this step forward IMO has been a right cock up.
But i will be here tomorrow supporting you as normal
