SirDude - Thanks for the kind words and additional insight.

I thought the custom tag editor and inherent threads design provided to handle embed code to be quite solid and easy to use. The fact that I got it working is a testament to that. Like so many things in life, once mastered they seem easy. That's not to say it couldn't be made better but after a point one needs to consider diminishing returns on those efforts. It's often the case one spends 20% of the effort to get 80% of the results and 80% of the effort to finish off that last 20% for a perfect job. Hats off to the perfectionists that go the extra distance to "get it done properly'.

Video is huge on the net and is definitely a growth area. And there are so many players in this market with so many versions of things to deal with it all. I don't know if you remember the video format wars between Betamax and VHS but this needs to be avoided. Do we have bright enough people to create enduring standards in the wake of constantly changing/improving technology?? Sony is way out in front on this with their creative software, codecs and cameras. They are also heavily invested in the broadcast industry which broadens their experience base. If you go back a few years some smart SOB came up with the video NTSC standards that lasted 60 years. We could use a dose of this genius with development tools and software standards. Gates isn't it either. I was thinking more along the style lines of The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie.

Getting back to embedded video, it will always require some user input, token, string, etc. That means an expression parser of sorts. If a tool can layer in between the old GREP syntax and create something a tad easier to digest then so much the better. Such a tool allows neophytes like me to save a couple of hours. But then when the day is done developing professional products is usually best left in the hands of the pros. Except in the case of engineers (circa 80s vintage) that write the worst code imaginable.

Best - Scott