What is the best way to do SEO with UBB.threads?
Sitemaps (I have a script available that integrates into the UBB, but as you said you don't like paying for addons it's likely not an avenue you'd want to go).

I'd also turn on the following options in the CP (CP -> Master Settings -> Primary Settings -> Advanced Options):
-Enable Spider-friendly URLs?
-Enable HTML Extension
-Enable zlib Compression?

Who has the best service?
For hosting? I'd say Mindraven; generally I'd also include my affiliate link, but 'eh.

How do you set up Google Ads and where do you place the javascripts?
Well, you'd set them up how you liked them ideally; feel free to steal my layout on UGN Security; I calculated all of the spaces based on Google Adsense's "heat data" some years ago; you'll need to hack the templates to set some ad's however.

Is there a better service tan Google ads?
Google Ad's work well with Kontera's targeting ad's.

If there was a blog or something all of the findings could be mentioned with the pros and cons.
Well, Rick asked several of us if we'd be interested in collaborating on a Wiki once v8 is out; I for one said I'd be more than willing to work on it.

Photopost will work but I'm not going to pay those dikks $140 to have an integrated gallery and then they nickel and dime you year after year to have access.
Well, unfortunately, we coders aren't made out of money, and we have small companies. My scripts for example follow the same path that photopost does (which follows the path of many other companies), I charge initially for the current version with a year of free updates, then if you want updates you need to pay X amount more each year to fund development costs. Granted my prices are way less than theirs at every turn lol.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!