One aspect of Threads that I've never really liked is how it handles email notifications of PMs. If someone has selects to be notified by email when they have a new PM, the system will send them a notification, but the email includes the entire text of the PM. This has caused two problems for me in the past. First, even though I have added "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - LOG IN TO REPLY TO YOUR PM" to the header of the notification email, people continually reply to the email, thinking they are replying to the PM.

Secondly, there have been times when I have PMed someone, but decided part of my PM was something I really didn't want to say, so as long as it still says "unread by: Fred" (for example, I would edit the PM thinking all would be good. However, if they have email notifications set, they will see the entire unedited version in the notification email.

I would like to change my email notifications so that it only tells them they have a new PM and instructing them to log in to read and reply to their PM (or follow the link). I DO NOT want the entire PM text included in the PM notification.

Question: How can I modify so that the PM notification email does NOT include the PM text?