Well, I'm all for an option in the software to show a part of the topic, but I would be furious if it did not send the full text of the PM to me via EMail...

As an independent contractor I do NOT check all of my client sites on a regular basis, and when receiving a PM it's generally the client messaging me about what they need; when checking from my email when I'm not in my home office I want the ENTIRE PM sent to me so I do not have to go and login from a computer that I cannot "trust" (potential keyloggers, having to install software to do various tasks, etc).

I'm sure a mod to do this wouldn't be too hard, likely just using the PHP functions substr and strlen then attaching some text at the end (such as "to view the full contents of this pm, click the link below").

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!