Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by Basil
...people continually reply to the email, thinking they are replying to the PM.
An item I sugguested to Rick was an email piping feature (or built in IMAP/POP3 mail client) that could process messages sent to it and "deal" with them appropriately (with an id in the subject line with how to deal with the message); but I don't think it was worthwhile for him at the time... Personally I think it would have been huge in the forum world as a feature...

Originally Posted by mig
Oh I'd really like the option too, if enough people feel similarly.
generally it'd be more of an admin option, to either send the full content of a message or a snippet of X amount of characters.

My vote is for the option of none of the text - just the notification with a link to the PM.