Thanks guys. Yeah both are good answers.

Six months ago, there were the three mods:

Me (admin) a GM and a mod. They each had certain permissions. For instance, I could do nearly anything. The global mod could edit all posts, move threads, etc. The mod could do various things the global moderator could do but had little access to the CP. So, it made sense. Three mods with increasing permissions.

We were like this for months. Then added three moderators. But, he also went to the CP and under every setting where I would have 1 so I could do something the others couldn't, he changed ALL of them to 1s except for users. So now we had three mods, and the only thing different from me to the normal mods, was I was in red.

Originally Posted by Mike
If your question is more wondering "is this normal?", my guess is that it is not very. To suddenly start promoting seemingly random members to Moderator status is not what I'd call a good move. It has a strong potential to cause discord among the members. Especially if you get some joker who is just chomping at the bit to flex his/her new-found e-muscles. The chance of this grows exponentially with each new moderator. Especially when they ASK to be one.

This was my basic question, and I feel the same way. I would guess that if Ruben made me a modertor or global moder and suddenly my name was blue or green in the Who's Online, some users on here wouldn't be very happy.

I'm sorry my question wasn't clear.

Can a moderator for a certain forum make a moderator for that forum only? And can a moderator for a forum only do things for that forum? Sounds like a dumb question.

I REALLY appreciate your time.

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll