While you are considering appropriate permissions for Mods, I suggest that you leave the "Can See Extra User Info" option set to 0.

As Gizmo stated, that setting, if set to 1, will allow mods to see a member's IP address. No reason for mods to have that info as it allows them to know a person's location at least to the city/town level and in some cases will allow them to know the member's employer. I consider a person's IP to be personally identifiable information and keep it off limits to mods.

The other thing you mentioned is that some of the mods seem to of been granted CP access. I'd not do that unless I knew the mod very well and trusted them. If you do not know their real name and home phone number, you don't know them well enough. wink

Spend some time and go through ALL the permission setting areas in your CP and give thought to what they all mean. Be sure to read the descriptions at the top of the pages. The things like...

All fields require a numeric value. Enter 0 to disable and 1 to enable, unless otherwise specified. If a user belongs to multiple groups, a (up pointing triangle) indicates the user will get the highest permission, a (down pointing triangle) indicates they will get the lowest.

Do not worry about asking all the questions. None of them are dumb and getting help with the product is the purpose of these forums. People here are rather helpful.