Hi. I love this forum. Given I am an admin for ours, I have a lot of questions.

OK, at our forum for electronic medical records, I am the admin. This is based on the fact that I have around six times as many posts as the nearest person, and I have used the EMR since its inception over ten years ago.

For the longest time, I was the admin, we had a global mod who had been on the board for six years, whom I appointed and a mod who had been on five years. All very active and very knowledgeable. Each of us had different permissions, and everything was dandy.

Then one day the owner who is the all powerful admin made a different support tech from his company moderators but only for certain forums. Permissions were changed in the CP so they basically had as many perissions as I, the admin. OK, so now we go to three mods to seven.

A new mod was made for a forum that promoted groups in each part of the country. Around eight in all. Then, she made each person who oversees the groups a moderator for that thread. Some of these mods joined the board a month ago and have one post.

So, now we have 15 moderators. The Who's Online is basically red, blue and green all the time.

My questions are:

1. Do the moderators only have authority in the thread they are connected to?
2. In general, should the admin be aware of when these mods are added? In other words, would a new mod be added witout SD's knowledge?
3. I know the mods have been given extended powers (I don't like using the word but you know what I mean), but should a mod be able to make another mod or get to the Edit User screen?

Also, in the forum for user groups, there may be threads for Florida, Southeats, Northeast, Chicago, etc. Each of these areas had a person heading it up. (the mods I spoke of). Why do they need to be mods? How does that help them?

All in all, is this generally how a board works?

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll