OK it's not just brand new posts. I'm finding blank on-screen boxes for old postings too.

Here's an example. Look at this link -

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/125879/9

There are several posts from 2006 which show up blank. So I looked at the database for post 125964.

The database says it should be:

Code

[quote]Originally posted by Believer:\n[b]....\"Evil flourishes when good people do nothing”. If the majority of the world can see this and make a famous saying of it then I\'m sure you can too.[/b]\n\nI am not arguing against that.\n\n[b] .. as for God, yes he is all powerful, and can stop the evil that men do, but if he did then our free will would not be so free. [/b]\n\nSo we have evil flourishing when God does nothing. And God is not a mere mortal - he is all-powerful.\n\nIf I were to see a child being abducted, a woman being raped or a man being murdered, I hope that I would do something about it. \n\nHowever, if I did not, could I use the argument that I was allowing both the criminals and their victims the opportunity to use free will, in accordance with God\'s wishes?\n[/quote]

There's an end curly quote in the initial quote. I bet that is what's choking it. So I'd have to edit all old posts with curly quotes to get them to work.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 12/25/2012 3:53 PM.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts