. . .BTW,
I be James 
THE James??
IF so, hope I gave you a decent plug. Have to tell you that Jon and I were really happy with the results, as well as the fast responses to my initial ( from CliffClavenF..(at)....., May, 2012) and our subsequent communications.
FWIW, there was/is another member (of our board), "
C", who had been booted out (J's 'lack of participation' rule) then rejoined, several times. Her original member number was still good and active when the following happened.
C Was using her account on a regular basis. One day she tried to log in as she usually did, but found that she was locked out. After several failed attempts, she called Jon to ask if he might have locked her out. "No" said Jon.
Jon tried - unsuccessfully - to reactivate
C's account. He finally had to create a new member record, number, et al. This all happened while the old (6.5.2) message board was active, and - I suspect - Jon's inability to reactivate her MAY have been caused by the same problem(s) described here for
B's account.
I just called
B (whose problem record triggered this thread) asking if - at any point - she had dropped off the board then, later, came back on. "Negatory" she replied. So that idea is out of the window.
Guess either Jon or myself will have to go through some of the server records you folks are recommending, to see what we can see.