Greetings --

Been pouring over this board looking for someone else who's encountered my problem. Closest I can find is the thread
Member Options Transfer Troubles[/B]
Which SEEMS to be close to what we've been experiencing. The last post in that above thread provides a link to
Answer found here.
but - even though it is a pointer to another UBBcentral thread / post - said link turns out to be a "Not Found" dead end.

Here's our situation: Message board owner had his site converted (by pros who know this package) from a 6.x.x(?) to 7.5.7, done earlier in 2013. Other than a few User Profile glitches (some answers now placed in wrong question fields), everything seemed to go smoothly. UNTIL NOW!!

One of our members - registered on our old site - is still with us. Try as we might, neither we nor that member can edit her profile. We started out by trying to edit the (member's) User's "Display Name" - trying to change one character within it to indicate that our member is 'still in good standing' for 2014. Keep getting a 404 error message no matter which field of the User's Profile that I attempt to change (I'm locked out as I write this, apparently for getting too many errors so I'll have to add the error msg text later. Msg said something about not having permission [B]...).

I know that the Display Name field is not exceeding any length spec because there are other User's fields that are longer, and we have modified those with no problem. (The modify consists of changing one character {an asterisk} in the DISPLAY NAME field to another character {a caret} - field length is unchanged.) I've tried other characters without success. Even the user cannot edit her own record.

So apparently this "troublesome user's" record was somehow locked either when she was first admitted to our message board (under the old UBB 'rules') or a lock bit was set during the conversion to 7.5.7.

Poke around as I might, I can't find the path to locking / unlocking this record so as to be able to modify it. I have Admin privileges, but even the site's owner can't find where the lock is set.

Your help is urgently needed.

Thanks for reading

RIck- ("Rick" with a dash - the 'other Rick')

8^D

RIck- ("Rick" with a dash - the 'other Rick')

8^D