It took about a year to pass, before anyone from UBBT mentioned anything about a switch to /not/ supporting Tapatalk. And even then, it wasn't directly from a UBBT staffer/owner, it was from a forum moderator. Thank you, Giz. It was much appreciated for that update smile

Re: Tapatalk has Ads?
I guess so...
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/18kc2g/ads_now_showing_up_in_tapatalk_a_299_app/
and @ https://www.google.com/search?q=tapatalk+ads

Although I have paid TWICE for Tapatalk (phone & a tablet UI versions, pre-Tapatalk 4.x), I have yet to see any ads in these paid versions. But if there is a free generic version (is there such a thing?) I would already assume that there would be ads in it. That seems to be one of the few models being shuffled around through mobile app devs these days. At least it is not an IAP for a "per/post read" model grin

I really wish there was more direct communication from the UBBT software owner/devs. As it stands, the impression given is that all UBBT changes/additions are done according to the direction the wind seems to be blowing at the moment. Features talked about month after month after month (years, mostly) pass and nothing ever gets done. Bugs present themselves, but not a single response from an UBBT owner/developer of a fix -- or that the bug is even acknowledged.

A simple, "Thanks" or "expect this to be fixed in the next release" or even a, "file a [paid] support ticket @ blahlbah-URL-blah" would be nice. It would also work wonders for moral in the user support forums around here. The only thing I desire here, is for those who are running this show, to invest a few minutes a week in to the customers who pay your bills.

You're charging premium rates for the software, but for the past several years, have been delivering sub-par effort in maintaining that product.

Am I out-of-line for asking this much?

Last edited by id242; 04/06/2014 11:20 AM.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com