Everything is indeed looking good. Even the new styles. I think I figured out the problem that started this. I'll share it in case it helps someone else.
As I mentioned earlier, before I started the upgrade process, I made a copy of the working Ubbthreads directory from my server. I copied the directory from the server to my Window computer. That is the directory I used to restore after I copied all the new files from the upgrade bundle to the server. At that point, I think some of the permissions were not the same as when I copied the directory from my server to Windows. - specifically the index.html file in the cache directory. That caused the cache files to not be rebuilt.
I also made a note to myself that even though the install guide says to copy all the downloaded files to the install directory to not do that. Only copy the files listed.
Thanks again for all the help.