From what I'm seeing looking at PHP7.2+ is that there will likely be very little compatible with PHP5; at some point there will need to be a final version for PHP5 support, but we're not 100% sure when that line will be drawn.

If you look at the previous versioning you'll see that we've done this in the past for PHP4, PHP5, PHP5.3, PHP5.4, and now for PHP7 and PHP7.2+ support; its just how it is, newer functions that're introduced require newer PHP builds.

Keeping up with evolving standards is a significant amount of work and is done in phases, working towards PHP7 support is what we've been doing for several years now and involves a lot of steps since we require our shipped libraries to support the systems that you run UBB.threads on. PHPMailer6 for example will only run on PHP 5.5+, PHPMailer 5.2 (which we currently ship) however will not run on PHP7.1+.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!