Originally Posted by Ruben
something does not sound right.
First copy ubbthreads files to htdocs/forum/ubbt

Then run localhost/forum/ubbt/install/install.php
After success

Then copy the importer script (classic_import.php)to the importers folder under htdocs/forum/ubbt/importers
Then copy the classic files to a different folder under xampp/htdocs/cgi-bin/classic
Make sure you have all the folders.
Then in your browser goto localhost/forum/ubbt/importers/classic_import.php.

And if that is the same xampp version I used it was ubbthreads 7.5.4.2 - 7.6.0 I never tried ubb7.0.0 because I knew around ver7.2 global moderators were introduced.
Also the database should be set to latin1_swedish_ci and you will need to drop all tables to start over .

the latest snag I hit when running the importer using ubb.threads 7.0.0:

Code
Warning: require_once(../libs/html.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp5\xampp\htdocs\forum\ubbt\importers\classic_import.php on line 49

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../libs/html.inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp5\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp5\xampp\htdocs\forum\ubbt\importers\classic_import.php on line 49

the issue is that the classic_import.php requires a file that does not exist until ubb.threads 7.3.0. I found this out the hard way by going through every single zip package until I found the file required...

now the importer is running without any issues (at the time of me writing this at least)....it's currently processing the members list, it looks like...

I'll keep this thread updated.