I login to WHM and it reads

MySQL/MariaDB Upgrade (Step 1 of 6)

MySQL/MariaDB is a commonly-used relational database management system that is a core service on most cPanel systems. This interface allows you to upgrade your MySQL/MariaDB server to a newer version. cPanel will automatically upgrade your MySQL/MariaDB installation to newer point releases (the third digit in the version string) because these upgrades involve little risk to your users’ data. Upgrades to new major releases (the first two digits in the version string) are more involved because there is a substantial risk of data loss. This interface attempts to walk you through the major release upgrade process.

Information

Although in-place upgrades are generally safe, you should always perform a full database backup before you begin the upgrade process.

Please note that downgrades to previous versions are unsupported. After you upgrade your system to a newer version, it may be impossible to switch back.

Current Version

MySQL 5.6.49

It may be a straight forward thing to upgrade and it reads above "This interface attempts to walk you through the major release upgrade process." Wonder if I just should do a backup in Cpanel and start the process...

hmm.. dunno what to do really.

Thanks for reading about my worries.. wink

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php