Originally Posted by Morgan
Isaac, I guess that the question in your reply is from someone who wish to start using a UBB forum software, I already use one and wish to upgrade the MySQL database so my question needs to be different to the host.
The second half of my post was directed at both new and current forum owners who need a starting template for asking their host to upgrade them to the latest versions of the software UBB.threads uses. This would include you in that group of people. It is a template for you to modify as desired.

The first half of my post was to demonstrate that UBB.threads works on an End Of Life version, as well as bleeding edge versions with either Linux or Windows.

Originally Posted by Morgan
I understand if I can't get more help here and if that is the case do you know of any other forums where i can ask?
Im not sure what part of your questions went unanswered by Ruben, Gizmo, and myself.

1. close your forum
2. make a backup.
3. upgrade your server software
4. load up your forum.
5. if all looks good, re-open your forum.
done.

Your web host should be able to help you with #3. Often it is seamless and only requires an email or telephone call to contact them to get the process started. They can also provide assistance for backing up your database before any changes are made.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com