Originally Posted by Philipp
Is your webhost using a webhosting control panel like cPanel? Maybe there is an option to create a backup in the control panel itself?
User indicated the inability to generate a backup via his hosts control panel in the trouble ticket on the matter.

Was this 403 error? In this case this could be caused by a rule in mod_security. I have seen this quite often with various scripts. You could try to disable mod_security by adding the following lines to the .htaccess file:
Code
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
This is only working on Apache based installation but there may be also an option to disable mod_security in the webhosting control panel
As a part of general troubleshooting various UBB.threads system pages were referenced; the PHPInfo page indicated that mod_security was not loaded but this could vary based on the server handler; the Suhosin status page indicated that Suhosin was not enabled on the server. These pages were added specifically for troubleshooting issues with Suhosin or web server modules and has been a part of the UBB.threads package since at least v7.5.9 (2015).

Some basic checks using the UBB.threads System Requirements Test (also written for basic troubleshooting of the UBB.threads script) indicated no usage of suhosin on the machine or any other detectable server issues that it was designed to detect.

Disabling items in apache is only allowed on a system that allows Allowoverride to disable them, which in most shared hosting environments is not allowed.

Error 500 indicates an error in the PHP script. This could be caused by disabled PHP functions. Some webhosts are disabling PHP functions such as system() due to security or performance reasons, especially for websites hosted on a shared virtual hosting plan. If you have no access to the log files, you could try to add after <?php:
Code
error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( "display_errors", "on" );
This should show the actual error message rather then just an error 500 message. Off course, only for debugging purpose wink
And as stated in my response, the 500 error was encountered only while attempting to utilize system commands.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!