[]Any issues jetc?
[/]

Zip, zero, nada.

You WILL lose your banner users/ip's but before you make the downgrade, print a copy of whatever users/ip's you have banned.

What I did was re-installed by backup files, changed the directory name of the 6.5 install, made a copy of the MySQL database and pointed the 6.4 install to the copied database and ran the commands listed previous in this thread. So that way, if I screwed it up, I could quickly change the 6.5 directory name and get back into business.

Not that I'm taking any sides in this debate, but one of my boards is extraordinarily active and I'd hear LOADS of complaints if something wasn't right with the upgrade. And yes, it was an enormous pain in the butt and I took an enormous hit in traffic temporarily because the new post tracking wasn't working correctly.

So I figure whenever 6.5.1 comes out, I'll probably give it a month to see what the top complaints are, if any, before upgrading on the busier boards.

I think boards with technically-oriented people can work around some of the upgrade hassles, but when a large percentage of your board is of the demographic that wants to hold up a page to the screen to fax it or wants to talk to the mouse like "Scotty" from Star Trek, small errors like new post tracking create a apocalyptic situation -- especially when you're competing with other similar boards for traffic.

But to answer your question, if you backed up all of the files before upgrading to 6.5, I'd STRONGLY suggest downgrading. it's been nothing but wine and roses again since the downgrade. I think they're planning a parade...