I'm pretty sure this is NOT the right forum for this, but I have idea where to start..

I'm a fairly experienced UBB user. After nearly 3 years my Forums have grown steadily to very near what my dedicated server can reasonably support, and the darn things are growing at about 25% a month. Thanks to many answers provided by Charles, and many others here, I have the warm fuzzy feeling that I have optimized my boards as well as possible, and I understand the limits with UBB.. so I've been looking for / into the next step for my forums.. Happily for me they are very (!) self supporting, so I will be looking for the best solution, not the cheapest one.. in fact, if just throwing additional servers at my Forums would work, I'd be very happy to do that.. but again, I have read that is not (usually) a solution that works for UBB..

I have had many concerns about Threads (I have watched a few migrations go VERY badly), and much that I have read has me concerned with the mySQL db too.. Maybe, however, that is only as mySQL and Threads work together? I don't know...

The new product will give me the upgrade path I need (I guess), but it is all a concern - Are the mySQL issues I have read about, and seen, only Threads related? Or is there some (large?) amount of education I need to get mySQL sorted for any BB type use? I have 25+ years software experience, I don't mind learning new stuff, but I don't want to waste my time..

For folks like me with a need to upgrade from UBB - to the new product (or Threads in the past)- what are the mySQL concerns? Any pointers to resources to learn about this to avoid the past problems?

I understand (too well) product development cycles, so I am not asking specifics about the new product, I realize we'll all have to wait and see (I just hope I can do that - wait I mean)..