Oops - sorry - I've been away for a bit (back surgery - a small one, but so much 'fun' I might get to do it again)

Charles - I have no experience with MySQL, I have seen comments that suggested it had to be optimized / customised before it would function in a reasonable (performance and security) manner - specifically with Threads?

Regarding the UBB to Threads upgrade concerns - the biggest one came from a Pro photo forum in which I participate - they did the upgrade many months ago (I am going to guess you'll know them).. Their UBB forum was about the same size as mine from what I can tell, and their upgrade resulted in two months or so (as I recall) of outages- all software related from what they said. Some of the outages were multiple days.. (I can't even imagine the headache) I was happy to see that once they got it all sorted, most visitors came back, but it seems to me they lost a ton of visitors that never came back..

I don't know the details except for what they shared with the public... But it REALLY caused me great concern..