UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
TOC / Overview
UBB.threads 7.6.2 Changelog
Upgrading To The Current Version of UBB.threads 7
New Styles
What To Do Next? / Discussion

UBB.threads 7.6.2 Changelog
UBB.threads 7.6.2 has been released and is now available to download in the Member Area.

Summary of Changes
[NEW] Private Messages/Topics can now be emailed, so a recipient can keep a copy of their PM/PT offsite using their own email service.
[NEW] Inline display of attached PDF documents. Your forum must allow .pdf file attachments (Control Panel / Features / Attachments: Allowed Attachment File Extensions).
[NEW] Subscription Invoice number is now displayed to the Member on their Subscriptions page. They can use that number as a reference point if there are any issues with their Subscriptions. That number can be used in the Admin Subscription Manager.
[NEW] Subscription process will now display a "Thank You" page and return the user to the subscriptions list upon a successful transaction.
[NEW] Control Panel Dashboard now displays Admin Log and Referrer Log entry counts, and will link to each section.
[NEW] A log entry is now created each time your forum sends an Email. The Log Entry will display the Member Name, To Email Address, and the Topic Title. The contents of the email are not included within the log entry. This feature has been requested by forum admins to help track how many, how often, to who, and what their forum are sending by Email. Member privacy is still maintained. The log is intended to be used for statistic generation and debugging. An example of the items which generate an Email log entry are, Emailed Watched Topics/Forums, Messages, Emailed Posts/Topics. This tool can assist you in spotting members who are using your messaging features to spam your other members.
[NEW] Admin Logs can be automatically purged to a certain age (Lifetime). The auto-purge feature is disabled by default. (CP > Primary > Logging)
[NEW] Admin Logs can now be completely disabled.
[NEW] Emailing members from the control panel has been updated with several new features:
• 1/ Each section is now described in full.
• 2/ The forum email address is now displayed, since it will be the return email add for your mailings.
• 3/ A notice is displayed regarding users who have chosen not to receive admin emails.
• 4/ Added an option for insertion of HTML line breaks (<br>) for new lines. This is useful for when you are sending pure text, vs sending something you've created in a third-party HTML editor.
• 5/ "BCC: Send Email As" is now pre-filled with the forum email address, and is customizable.
• 6/ "Send Emails One At A Time" is now set as default. This can lighten the load on your host's Email servers when sending out mass mailings, though its strongly advised to use a full-blown email manager (such as "phpList Email List Manager") for managing your websites news letters.
• 7a/ You can now send out a Test Email of your mailer before you mass email it. This is useful for previewing what your message would look like in your own email program before sending it to your members. The address you enter does not need to belong to a member within the forum database.
• 7b/ If you link directly to this page without using the member search, you can use the Test Email feature to send emails to non-members using your default forum Mailer Templates.
• 7c/ This feature is also useful for testing your forum email settings to any email address.
[NEW] StopForumSpam Lookup & Reporting (SFS Check) in the Member Editor has been updated to display within the same browser window, rather than as a pop-out window. The info box now also displays the user's Registration Date, Last Post Date (if any), and IP addresses for either, along with the normal SFS report.
[NEW] StopForumSpam Lookups are now logged in the Admin Log. If the Member was found in the SFS database, a "(SFS!)" notation will be added in the log next to the item that was triggered.
[NEW] Style Editor now generates an additional "/styles/style.css" file alongside the current STYLENAME_####.css file when you edit and save your forum's Main Default Style. The style.css file is compressed with human-readability in mind. The purpose for this new file is so you can link to it from external scripts to utilize your site's stock styles all in one place, and using a single/expected file name. Setting a different style as Default will also create the style.css for this new Default Style.
[NEW] (UBBT Upgrader) now checks and displays installed UBB.threads version based on variables stored in the current database.
[NEW] (UBBT Installer) A sample forum is automatically created under the main category.
[NEW] (UBBT Installer) The list of Search Engine Spiders for UBB.threads is pre-populated.

[UPDATE] Send Private Message page has been cleaned up and made more user friendly.
[UPDATE] Member Spotlight island header can now be clicked to visit the Member List.
[UPDATE] Updated Post Icon selection display for improved mobile friendliness.
[UPDATE] Updated Member Avatar image and Initial display on Post list pages.
[UPDATE] Updated language mentions of BBCode language from "[image]" to instead use the "[img]" term. This is purely aesthetic. Both uses of the BBCode are still valid.
[UPDATE] Added basic header information to the Email template.
[UPDATE] PayPal IPN (instant Payment Notification) Verification Postback has been updated to HTTP/1.1 (HTTPS). HTTP/1.0 (HTTP) postbacks will no longer be supported by PayPal as of June 2018.
[UPDATE] Dashboard will display a notice when Debugging is enabled.
[UPDATE] Member Editor will display a notice if the member being edited is banned, and for how long.
[UPDATE] Admin Log entries display can now be filtered to "Show All" log entries, "Mailer Only" or all with Mailer entries hidden.
[UPDATE] Admin Log items have been updated, such as; Style Numbers are shown with the Style Name.
[UPDATE] Style Editor now displays "[Site Default]" next to the default site style in the drop-down list.
[UPDATE] Subscription Transaction Details in Admin now has a "Return To Transactions List" button.
[UPDATE] Subscription invoicing system in the control panel has been updated to improve usability. Columns have been rearranged to match the ordering used in other areas of the subscription system. The member's email addresses are now displayed with their member name. Searching for subscriptions by Display Name is no longer case sensitive, and allows the use of wildcard. Can now search for transactions by registration email address.
[UPDATE] Updated the URL and PATH language strings to be more specific with regards to "absolute" vs "relative"
[UPDATE] Updated all example urls from "http" to "https" in an attempt to push a recommendation towards using secure connections.
[UPDATE] StopForumSpam Lookup & Reporting in the Control Panel now opens in the same page as the user you are editing. This should help prevent mistakes of reporting a wrong user when you have multiple member-editor tabs open at the same time.
[UPDATE] Updated Font Awesome library from 5.0.4 to version 5.3.1
[UPDATE] Updated jQuery library from 3.2.1 to version 3.3.1.
[UPDATE] Updated PHPMailer library from 5.2.25 to version 5.2.26
[UPDATE] Updated Smarty library from 3.1.31 to version 3.1.32
[UPDATE] Updated Autosize asset from 4.0.0 to version 4.0.2
[UPDATE] Updated Dropzone asset from 5.2.0 to version 5.5.0
[UPDATE] Cleanup of language strings, templates, CSS, and JavaScript files.
[UPDATE] (UBBT Installer) Default variables have been updated to reflect modern internet forum standards.

[FIX] Member Avatars in the showflat_side/top templates have been corrected to prevent overlapping/leaking in to the post content.
[FIX] Gallery List page will now display lead image to fit 100% of long edge of the image, rather than cropped to center.
[FIX] Avatar display on Post list pages is now Internet Explorer 11 compatible.
[FIX] Mail Post link will only be displayed to Members.
[FIX] Fixed a minor HTML validation error within the Email templates.
[FIX] Control Panel updates causing Admin Log entries with a NULL setting (or none) are now displayed as "NULL". Previously they were displayed as "0" which would be confusing when entries of "0" were also stored.
[FIX] Reverted the 7.6.1 viewport setting for admin Control Panel until the Control Panel is mobile friendly.
[FIX] Any code and page validation errors that were found, were fixed.
[FIX] (UBBT Upgrader) Upgrader now correctly upgrades from UBB.threads 7.5.6p1, 7.5.6p2, and 7.5.9.1 versions.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Upgrading To The Current Version of UBB.threads 7
The upgrade path from UBB.threads 7.5.x versions, has always been to move to the most recent version of UBB.threads as they become available. Such as 7.5.x => 7.6.x. There is no need to do an incremental update from 7.5.8 to 7.5.9 to 7.6.0 to 7.6.1...etc. You should update directly from your current UBB.threads 7 version, to the most recent version of UBB.threads.

The UBB.threads 7 Upgrade Guide can be found in the Docs tab in the menu header.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
New/Updated Styles
Along with the updated styles that are normally included in each release, there is a new style which you can also use on your forums.

UBB.threads styles - New for 7.6.2
  • Newport (Blue)

UBB.threads styles - Updated
  • UBB.threads
  • UBB.threads - Dark
  • UBB.threads - Light
  • UBBCentral
  • UBBCentral - Crimson (Red-White)
  • UBBCentral - Lime (LightGreen-Green)
  • UBBCentral - Marshmallow (Blue-Green)
  • UBBCentral - Mocha (Brown-DarkGreen)
  • UBBCentral - Zen (BlueGrey-Grey)
  • Ventura - Burgundy (DarkRed-DarkerRed)
  • Ventura - Cobalt (DarkBlue-DarkerBlue)
  • Ventura - Pine (Green)
  • Ventura Open - Ink (Blue)
  • Ventura Open - Mint (Green-DarkGreen)

Easily import the styles the same way you've always been able to import styles:
1. Go to Control Panel > Styles
2. Click the "Import Style" bottom tab.
3. Browse to your local install/styles/ directory from the "ubbthreads-XXX.zip" archive and select the style file you want to import.
4. Once your chosen style has been imported, you'll be at the "Edit or Add a Style" page. Confirm that Images within "Name, Images & Wrapper" is set to "default".
5. Click the "Update or Add Style" button at the bottom.
Your newly imported style is now ready to be used by your users. Repeat this process for each of the other new/updated styles you want to use.

From the Styles list page, now you can mark your older stock styles inactive, or delete them if you choose. Don't forget to set a default style for your forums.
Done.

Notes:
If you are currently using a stock style from your original UBB.threads 7.5 series install, it is highly recommended that you update to the matching current style from within the Member Area downloads section, or the most recent UBB.threads archive.
--
Within the Member Area downloads is a section listing for Style Packs. These Style Packs are already included within the main UBB.threads zip archive. They are also being made available independently with the intention of being useful to forum owners still running UBB.threads 7.5 series forums. Ideally, we'd like those older forums to update to the latest version, but we know that you're staying on that version for your own reasons. These Style Packs are compatible with UBB.threads 7.5 and 7.6. There have been zero adjustments made to them to account for the 7.5 series template bugs (which have since been corrected in 7.6). We want your 7.5.x forum to look modern. So at no extra cost, here they are for you thumbsup

Further reading on UBB.threads Style Packs:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/261503/stock-ubb-threads-style-packs

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What To Do Next?

Now go update your forums.

If you have already updated, leave a comment reply here. Your comments help us know if you found something that needs to be fixed, or what new features you like the most.

Happy UBBTing! grin

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Online: Content
Updated today. Was there a change in a setting for signatures as I looked around to see if the signatures were turned off globally or in my preferences somewhere. Our signatures on our board stopped showing up in posts.

Just tried added a signature here too so I could see if it was my board only. Seems to be not working here also.

Thanks in advance - Geoff

Last edited by Geoff; 09/18/2018 4:50 PM. Reason: Tried it here

I am a Superstar! Testing signature here
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Geoff
Updated today. Was there a change in a setting for signatures as I looked around to see if the signatures were turned off globally or in my preferences somewhere. Our signatures on our board stopped showing up in posts.

Just tried added a signature here too so I could see if it was my board only. Seems to be not working here also.

Thanks in advance - Geoff

Are you on a mobile device? Signatures wont be displayed on mobile devices.
Signatures display just fine on desktops, both here on ubbcentral and on your forums.

Responsive templates were added in UBB.threads 7.6.0.
SOURCE: https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...e-ubb-threads-7-6-0-changelog#Post258629
2016-07-25 - "Signature is now hidden if the page is viewed on a smaller screen."
Attachments
20180918_19-43-42.PNG

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Geoff, I noticed that your website header graphic is preventing your FirstGenFirebird forums from being completely mobile friendly (responsive). I'd like to suggest that until you are able to resolve this, that you toggle the "Disable Viewport" setting at Control Panel > Primary.

Disable Viewport
This will disable the viewport. The viewport element allows your forums to conform to devices with smaller screens, such as smartphones and tablets.

This feature was added in UBB.threads 7.6.1
SOURCE: https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...e-ubb-threads-7-6-1-changelog#Post260649
[NEW] Responsive layout on mobile devices (viewport) can be disabled from the Control Panel. This setting disables responsive pages for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. All pages viewed on mobile devices will have a desktop style layout similar to the old non-mobile versions of UBB.threads (v7.5.x and older).

Old Hand
Old Hand
Isaac, Thanks for 7.6.2
I have just upgraded and am looking around and it hits me that I notified you that I as admin
in the past could view the IP addresses of members posting. I believe you said you knew that this excisted in earlier versions but that it was disconnected some time ago without getting noticed.
when viewing a thread one could see the IP under the posters info in the left side

Display name
status

I'm pretty sure somewhere we discussed this in the past but I cannot find it.
Anyway I was under the impression that I as admin could see ip addresses. within the forum (I am not talking about the cp).
Is this a setting in CP i have missed now?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Morgan
I'm pretty sure somewhere we discussed this in the past but I cannot find it.
Anyway I was under the impression that I as admin could see ip addresses. within the forum (I am not talking about the cp).
Is this a setting in CP i have missed now?

Hover your mouse over the time/date that the post was created.
The post's IP address has been moved as of with UBB.threads 7.6.0 since we now support IPv6.

IPv6 addresses are too long to display within the post-author section.

moved the "posted from ip" information from under the user's post, in to the post's date/time link. hover to view the ip address. click it to reverse-trace it. only available for groups who you've given ip viewing permissions to.

This feature was updated in UBB.threads 7.6.0
SOURCE from 2016-07-25:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...e-ubb-threads-7-6-0-changelog#Post258635
Attachments
20180922_05-48-16.PNG

Old Hand
Old Hand
Wow I'm stunned Isaac, thank you so much.
How could I have missed that.

Where can I set rights to the correct group to see it?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
Old Hand
Old Hand
OK found it in >>Can see extra user info

blimey this is good !!! cheers

Feel free to remove my posts here as it was not a 7.6.2 issue

Last edited by Morgan; 09/22/2018 9:42 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
I must state hats off to the developers Isaac and Gizmo on this release.
It has been almost a month with very little impact to users.

Unlike prior releases starting with the 7.2.x series.
of which the most problematic issue was the actual upgrade, closely following was broken items..

There was a time that there were usually very many posts about bugs.
A lot of them were about the same issue.
But still a lot of reports of bugs compared to this release..

This time around so far has just been the pdf view issue which already has a fix.
With nothing else noted by users as a bug.
The rest of the few posts mostly have just been a misunderstanding on how the software was designed and functions.

Another item most of you may not be aware of is Iassc and Gizmo work gratis for the programming changes they do.

If you have been using this product for a long time, you would have noticed that each release came with less documentation. on the changes and how to use the product..Other than stand alone posts for support.. The vendor manual became obsolete.

This has been reborn with Isaac posting detailed change logs and upgrade procedures as well as Gizmo creating the ubb wiki to consolidate all the support posts by users. .Again gratis.

That just shows you their dedication to this project. to make it successful.

So we all owe a big thank you to Isaac and Gizmo.

Last edited by Ruben; 10/11/2018 6:14 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by Ruben
I must state hats off to the developers Isaac and Gizmo on this release.
So we all owe a big thank you to Isaac and Gizmo.

I agree very well done.. Kudos in plenty!!!

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
J
J Offline
I finally had some free time to upgrade to 7.6.2. The upgrade was simple and flawless. Thanks to Isaac and Gizmo and anyone else involved for all their hard week. UBB has been powering our discussion boards since 1996 (22 years!).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (domspeak), 337 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29