charles, because new users do get their passwords thru email, because i do get notification-emails concerning new registered members i guess there's no miskonfiguration on the server. it's even the same server we used for ubb6.01 and everything worked like a charme, except some bugs within the bbs *g*

the main thing is: i installed the clean bbs and the bug appeared but due the fact that - as you may now - i do run a VERY huge bbs there was a urgent need for some mods/hacks, otherwise the users note that we do not provide important features: and leave the site. i do know the 'new' policy from infopop but i cannot accept that because i paid for a software which should work.

if i did include a bug by patching/hacking the bbs i would even love to get also support, maybe you can tell me someone who i can trust to and who could have a quick look at the bbs and this problem, i even would like to pay him/her for fixing the bug. i even would pay you/infopop for fixing the bug but due the policy i'm absolutely NOT satisfied with the actual circumstances...

i've been using the ubb for such a long time, i'm one of the firsttime-customers of infopop, so i think we should find a solution for handling this bug?

regards from munich,
chris

p.s. it's not possible for me to install on that server a clean ub, i regret. i run this bbs and cannot install another one, i'm sorry we cannot use that for finding a bug-tracking...