Hi Alexander -

Perhaps we're trying too hard. wink I don't think there's a "general attitude" against newbies here at all. Joking around here and there, maybe, but probably with the intent to convey that because this product is less mainstream (and not free), it seems to attract a bit more sophisticated customer base.

Only you can decide was is right for your site. You've taken it for a spin here, and are encouraged to continue to see all that Threads has to offer. If you'd like to check out the Admin area, you can ask for a demo here. I think you'll find it to be very user-friendly and much more powerful than many other products.

As for the cost, sure, it may seem* like more than most others. But having tried almost all other BB products out there (like you), I've found that you usually get what you pay for. And to me it's rather moot considering the value (to me) of the community that I've built, and the helpful community here. And it doesn't hurt that my sites are reasonably profitable so I'm still way ahead of the game. wink

*Let me quickly compare some key points of Threads vs another popular alternative:

"$149.99" is cheaper in the short term, sure. But that's good for "6 months of support/upgrades". Add another $25 for another 6 months. Now you're up to $175. "2 business day ticket response" can seem like a lifetime when your forums are down. I've gotten help here sometimes in minutes, and certainly within an hour or two. If you want "1 business day turn around" yet still only "6 months of support" you're now up to "$299.99" for a "Business License", plus another $50 for the next 6 months. That's $350. I like their product as well, but when I add it up, to me it doesn't compare, IMHO.

But as I said, whatever's right for you is, well, right for you. Good luck on whichever solution you decide upon!

JG

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP