You keep referencing Gallery2, Gallery2 is a gallery suite, just like we have a Gallery option within threads which is NOT the standard upload feature for threads. Also, Gallery2 was replaced by Gallery3, and the company (at last I saw) isn't even making new builds of their software and will soon cease to even be online unless they turn off read only mode and actually do something.

NOW, if you where to use a gallery forum, and set your max uploads on your site to 6mb and set proper options for ImageMagick in the Gallery settings page in the CP it'd automatically scale them down. An example, the photos here are directly from my camera, now view the properties and note the size of the images; the uploaded photos where all about 3.5mb, but are stored on server under 100kb, with simple adjustments of gallery forums as they exist in UBB.threads 7.5.9 (IIRC these settings should work in any version of the gallery feature as it has existed in UBB.threads).

You can reference the attached image for our settings.
Attachments
agf-gallery-settings.png

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!