Thanks Gizmo, for the tips on getting our Galleries to accept uploads directly from a camera and get them processed and optimized to a nice file size and pixel size. I just uploaded a 2.5 meg photo to our gallery from my smart phone and UBB made it 640 x 480 and less than 100k. Looks great and any of my users could do it.

All these 15 years, I did not know that the UBB Gallery would do that. I wish that same option was available for inline File Manager images in the discussion forums. Is there any way that the UBB Gallery image upload system can be applied to UBB discussion forums?

I only mentioned Gallery2 because id242 brought it up first in a post above. But it is a perfect example of what I'm requesting to get a camera size photo uploaded and automatically resized/optimized.

I should have done the more recent upgrades, especially to show support for the new management. I have several template modifications that I just didn't want to tackle again unless the upgrade was really significant. So many years went by with little UBB development progress, that I became frustrated.

Here's a link to my post from 2010 where I asked about the image resizing issue. I got the answer I wanted, but never saw the progress to make it happen:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/237989/Version_8_image_questions#Post237989

I really don't want 2 meg to 6 meg inline images since it is possible to process the images on upload to get both efficiency and good display.