Originally Posted by JAISP
this is why I have suggested several times that the ability to have the software RESIZE the image to fit with in the scope set by the site admin be done during uploading the image onto the server. We have been doing it for YEARS in the gallery forums for the thumbnails and all sorts. It had been said that it would add more things to the Control Panel cluttering it up and making it more difficult to operate the software err something of that nature

JAISP, if you want a Gallery Forum, create a Gallery Forum. UBB.threads can do that smile

There is a different between
A) Message Forum are for Attached Files (not just images)
B) Gallery Forum are for Attached Images (only images)

They both do slightly different things.

What you are asking for, is exactly what "B" already does.

--

A) File attachments are never modified from what the uploader had uploaded.
Files attachments are attached files that are attached to a post and are meant for sharing. They can give a preview of what they are, if they are an image. And I supose you could also insert file_id.dis (or, lol, a CORE.txt) in to a zip/rar/tar archive also, if you hacked it to do that. But as an person who uploaded the file, I wouldnt appreciate that much. Its no longer the file I uploaded. Its the file which the website thinks it should become.

B) Gallery attachments are modified to fit within the gallery.
Gallery attachments are meant to do exactly the job you are asking. It takes the file and converts it in to a web-friendly format which you declare within your forum's Control Panel > Gallery settings pages. It also resolves the problem Ruben's FTP software creates (his FTP software limits how many files can be displayed at once). The Gallery stores images based on Forum ID and within their own directories, SMALL, MED, ORIGINAL.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com