Originally Posted by JPG
I've been running UBB for about 17 years on multiple forums. I'm just trying to offer you some feedback based on my experience with our users. I never said a user could not figure out what "select file" or "drag and drop" means. The Attachment Manager is quirky when you try to upload an image that is too large. Like I said in the last post, the average user does not always understand the file size of their photos.

And this is why I have suggested several times that the ability to have the software RESIZE the image to fit with in the scope set by the site admin be done during uploading the image onto the server. We have been doing it for YEARS in the gallery forums for the thumbnails and all sorts. It had been said that it would add more things to the Control Panel cluttering it up and making it more difficult to operate the software err something of that nature.

Making it easier for the "end user", and I determine the end user the people coming into the forum software as USERS in the website NOT the site owner as it had been referred to me as the SITE OWNER as the end user......, will in turn create more active users in that web community. We are battling social media everyday for users and social communities like ours are loosing for the simple fact it is much easier to use their software than ours as the end USER or community user per say.