[quote][/quote]I think that you could do it through phpmyadmin as the root user, as it should tell you what password storage options are available; but I think it'd have to be done by a privilaged user account that has acced over other accounts (I'm not sure what options would be available to a local user).

A neat trick, select 4.1 and use the same password that you have been using, and you shouldn't have to update your scripts.

On my server I have the following options for changing user passwords in PHPMyAdmin (see attachment)
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-01-30 server virtualnightclub net localhost phpMyAdmin 4 4 15 10.png

Last edited by Gizmo; 01/29/2019 8:15 PM. Reason: screenshot

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!