Thanks, Gizmo!

I appreciate you are all private developers and volunteers. I'm sorry for my lack of patience. When the issues are fixed I hope you'll allow me to provide you and whoever is helping you with some sort of tangible thank you for your work. You are more than worth it.

In config.inc.php I changed:

- From: 'SEARCH_FRIENDLY_URLS' => '1', [as it was successfully for years with PHP5]
- To: 'SEARCH_FRIENDLY_URLS' => '0',

All appears to be working again. I was able to post, edit and edit community information.

1) The web host said they were going to do a restart when they upgraded to EasyApache4. I will ask if they actually did, and to restart now. Then I'll put the above setting back to "0" and see what happens and report back. After that I won't do anything until I hear back from you. [I'm guessing it is better to resolve everything before upgrading from 7.7.0 to 7.7.1.]

2) RE: 17 year old settings (like the MySQL password issue)? I don't know what to think about that. I never thought about it before. Every now and then I get a notification from the web host that they will be installing or upgrading something. I never considered that they might be leaving MySQL alone for 17 years. I do know that I have not purposely changed hosts for probably a decade, though several web hosts have been bought out and absorbed by other companies until the current one. I can ask if they can move me to another machine. I'll hold off on doing this until you tell me it is the next logical move. [Maybe you want to further investigate the issue? Or maybe it so rare it is just easier to request a move to another machine?]

--

Philipp:

Thanks for your information about Nginx proxy plugin (NginxCP) for cPanel. I'll hold off on doing anything about until Gizmo makes a recommendation.

Jake