Thanks for the help.

I asked the web host (Total Server Solutions) if they did a restart. They didn't say, but told me that it is not necessary after EasyApache and PHP upgrades. So, no they did not. I will ask them to do one.

They also recommended not using NginxCP. I reminded them that I didn't install it, and that it came with the server plan.

I also asked about moving to a new server. They supported the idea, and said that the server I was using would have an end of life for the OS next year and I'd need to migrate anyway. They recommended working with their sales team to get a quote on a new cloud server.

At this point, I will leave the forum alone until I explore my options and (hopefully) migrate.

-

Webhosting Question: We are a small community. Our website probably gets about 2,000 hits/day. Our forum has 5,000 members but really only about 150 are active, each posting once or twice few times a month. We were with Express Web Systems (Tom Walsh) from about 2013 until they became part of Total Server Solutions. I currently pay $49.99/mo for a virtual private server. Maybe that made sense 10 years ago when our traffic was much higher. Since it looks like migration to a new server is in order, I want to seek expert knowledge on what is needed and what a reasonable cost is. I'm seeing unlimited accounts for under $5/mo (probably shared server?). AWS seems to offer hosting that is free (thought it is never free in the end and I have not yet read everything necessary).

Can anyone offer some advice? I requested a quote from TSS Sales and will share what it is. I'm going to spend the next few days trying to figure out what the best path forward for the web host is.

Thanks!