The thing is, I'm trying to be a man of my word. I put up the poll asking people what they wanted the focus to be for the next version. I gave my reasoning for the poll, but I said whatever the majority wanted that's what we'd work on.

Closed the poll and blogs won out. Had some time working on a few things I was going to put into 7.5 so started looking at poll results here and noticed the trend. Like I said, the actual final vote count was 62-8. 62 unique people called for the UI rewrite, 8 for blogs.

So I'm certainly not doing this thinking, hey this will be fun, let's switch direction and cause a big stink. 62 people wanted the UI to be done first and believe me I've heard their complaints via PM and via email when it wasn't going to be done. I told them the same thing I'm saying now in that I'd stick to my word and go with what the majority wanted, only to find out that wasn't what the majority wanted.

Hindsight, I should have kept my mouth shut about the skewed poll results. However, I'm an honest person so I was up front with everyone about it and posted what happened.