Well here is the bad news. FP2000 does not support php pages. At all. There is not a plugin or a way to cheat like in dreamweaver to use your server to emulate a server to preview.

Fp2003 has some limited support for php but I suspect with the includes that ubb uses it will probably be useless.

So you are stuck with what you have for a editor without wysiwyg. Unless you find a WYSIWYG editor for just php.

But there are additional steps you need to do to ensure that you don't edit a file using frontpage so it does not insert additional formatting in the scripts and hose up your site. Just in case you edit a file and upload it to your site

First is, if you are going to continue to use frontpage as a php editor:
Here is a site where you need to go to your windows control panel and associate your php files with a html document. Second when you open a php file in Frontpage, You will need to make sure you are opening it in html . Once you open the file a few times Frontpage will remember that it is a html file.
Then to see the file in a user friendly format when you want to edit it, you can select the html tab at the bottom of the screen.

I don't use a php specific web editor. But I do use notetab as a replacement for notepad. Which I have associated with php files.

Sorry, Now you can cry!!!

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers