I apologize that the announcement/sale of UBB came as surprise to the UBB community and realize that such an announcement should have been held off for a while so I could get a grasp on the current state of the software and the community here.

The sale happened very quickly and while I did read though some recents threads during the sales negotiations and agreements process, things appeared to be stable and I figured there was plenty of time to get a grasp on things.

UBB Systems is a two person company with a team of 3-6 contract developers and designers depending on workload. I personally started developing websites while in college and graduate school as side jobs, eventually going outside my area of study (Viral Immunology) to pursue a career in technology. We do own other web properties, some of which were created from scratch using php/mysql and others that were acquired. While I personally have 8+ years of php/mysql programming experience, I have moved into managing the businesses and rely on our developers that have extensive experience.

That being said, it's quite a task to come into a software package as complicated as UBB as an outsider and it will take time to assess the current codebase as well as the v8. I have spoken to Sirdude and reached out to others here in the UBB community as recommended by Rick for assistance.

Sirdude has agreed to assist us with the development of a version 7.6 that will include bug fixes as well new features as requested by the users here in the UBB community. As stated by Sirdude in another thread v8 is need quiet a bit of work, and bringing new features and fixes to the current software is in the best interest of everyone at this point. Sirdude's final final work on UBB.threads was to version 7.5.8.

Let's start by replying to this thread with requests for new features and fixes, then we can organize them in terms of popularity and feasibility to complete quickly.

thanks!

Brooks

Last edited by id242; 02/15/2017 11:01 AM. Reason: Updated. Looking back from where things stand in Febuary 2017.