Originally Posted by Kayjey
Would like to enable uploads for my users, but I first want to have a 'quota' system, so users can upload images, but they 1/ get resized to what I find decent and 2/ they have an upload limit for a max. # of MB for all files uploaded. That would include a file manager to delete old uploads (+ tie it to the pruning system). Ideally they would be able to buy extra MB's. And even more ideally, the upload server could be a different server than the one running the board.

Second, a rating system for users where you can 'like' someone but not 'dislike'. With the stars system we had users playing the fool with friends giving each other bad ratings. That affected other users in thinking the low-rated guys were indeed idiots, rather than he victil of 'jokes'. Getting only positive ratings + indication of the number of ratings would mean a lot.

Apart from all the above, we do keep our forum simple. As standard in the code you always have the option for the 'book' or 'blank' icon. For every new release / update I have to change the code so the users can't turn our forum into a christmas tree, so we always do the 'blank' thingy and disable that choice. Might sound boring, but hey...

+1. I even had to disable the user-ratings, because I almost started a board-war, because people did not like being rated only one star....

Also the mass-upload feature is a good one, since it would make creating a big gallery, much easier.