hey, howsit goin. love hearing about the mobile stuffs. considering the majority of my checkins are via iphone now, it'd make life a heckuva lot simpler smile

one question that i honestly have no idea how to search for if it's already been discussed...

my forum (rkmbs.com) is ginormous. i loathe the mere thought of pruning posts, despite running it for about 11 years now. i was told once by ... maybe sirdude? AA? that the database grows exponentially, because every post is actually saved twice: once as an editable post and once as an archive. something like that, anyway.

my question, assuming any of the above is correct... is there a way planned in 7.6 (or maybe 8.0) to address that? perhaps an admin tool that would allow admins to "commit" posts by date. in other words, if i have a single thread that spans 5 years, i could "close" the beginning of the thread so that it is no longer editable, but still allow newer posts and future replies the privelage.

again, not that my concern is in the ability to edit -- i just want to find ways to decrease the mysql database size (even compressed i'm over 200MB) without losing discussions.