I know this has been discussed, but I thought by now I would see some improvement, but I have not. Ever since I changed from Threads 6.5 to 7.X, my Google presence has GREATLY decreased. I have been running 7.X since December and when I Google certain words that I KNOW are in threads all over my site, I get no threads. I tried Google's advanced search to set the domain to only look for those words on my domain - Well, I find that hardly any of my actual threads are indexed in Google. Lots of other pages from my site, such as pp-classified pages, etc., but almost no actual links to threads! My new member rate has dropped dramatically as well! I used to get 7-8 new members per day from Google now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 from Google per week. Has anyone figured out what the heck is going on with Google not crawling the actual threads? This is starting to worry me a LOT! It was NOT like this until I "upgraded". I love Threads 7, but man, I have GOT to figure out why Google no longer likes my site.

For example, the phrase "Has anyone here tried Electrolytic Rust Removal" is in a thread that was posted way back in January. I would have thought that if I Googled that exact phrase, It would show up with a link to the thread that contains that phrase. But it returns NO results. I am beginning to thing I may have to move to another forum product - but what?

Basil

Last edited by Basil; 03/20/2007 1:46 AM.