Originally Posted by Rick
Basil, you definitely have something interesting going on. You still have all of the old links in google from your 6.5 forum. You have a bunch of links to the new forum as far as to the general forum listing and the individual postlist pages. But you don't appear to have many new links to the new showflat script.

What we usually see is the old links eventually go away and google reindexes your new ones. For some reason, they are keeping all of your old links in the system. You have thousands and thousands pointing to the old showflat script but barely any to the new.

For example, do this:

site:britishcarforum.com +ubb/postlist

You'll see it has a bunch of links to individual postlist pages. But if you do this:

site:britishcarforum.com +ubb/showflat

You'll see that there aren't many listed at all. Your site appears to be the only one with this problem. Everyone else that has posted has many many links to the new showflat. I can search for distinct subjects from their site and they are listed in Google. Yours I cannot however. I'm not sure if your site is being penalized for something, or what. I know you had made the change to/from search engine friendly not too long ago, so not sure if it's related.

Well, now that some time has passed, and I have included a site map, I tried this again: site:britishcarforum.com +ubb/showflat
and I STILL only have 5 threads show up and none of them - NONE -- are recent. If anyone can figure out WHY Google is not crawling my site I would sure be greatful! I used to regularly get 10-15 new members per day from Google, not it has been two days and ZERO new members. Could it be something in my security settings for my new server?

Getting desparate

Basil

Basil