I've mentioned this in a previous post as well. Basil, one of the important things is back links to your site. The more links you have pointing back to your site, the more thoroughly it will be indexed.

For example, we have many back links pointing here. Do a search for "UBB.threads 7.1 Released" you'll see that it's been indexed.

Or search for this one. "Question on alignment property on the registration screen." Gizmo posted that on the 8th, and it's already in google.

Or use ubbdev.com. Search for "UBBDev News - February 2007". This was posted on Feb 22, and is indexed.

Google my personal site. It's very small, site:rb69.com The only links that point to that site are here in my signature. That's it. I've never submitted the site to google or any other search engine for that matter. They have 89 pages indexed. As small as my site is, that's pretty much my entire site.

We run a totally stock board. I don't do anything special here. We don't have a sitemap, no robots.txt, and google is obviously indexing this site. If there is some problem with what we're doing that google doesn't like, then it sure would seem like we'd be suffering from the same issues.

I do take all problems seriously, and if there is an issue, I always work on trying to fix it. I just don't see what I can do on this one. We're using the same style urls we were using in 6.5.5, and the same format to process them with search engine friendly ones.