Gizmo, I never ever said you were stupid - please don't put those words in my mouth. In the first place, I don’t talk to anyone like that, especially someone who I know is trying to help me – and I know that you are. But at the same time, I am pretty sure that I'm not stupid either (BSEE, MS Computer Science, MBa). I'm a 53 year old Senior Analyst who has been working on computers since they used vacuum tubes and magnetic ferrite core memory. I think the problem is simply that I am not effectively communicating my concern here. Yes, I know that SOME things in my new install directory are being indexed, such as post lists, classifieds, etc. But what is NOT being indexed (or not very much at least) are my actual Threads (yes I know that one or two are there – but that’s it). For example, if you do a Google on THIS site like this:

[site:https://www.ubbcentral.com +ubb/showflat] (without the brackets) this is a legitimate Google search that looks for any URLs that are in https://www.ubbcentral.com site and which contain “ubb/showflat” in the URL, which would ONLY happen for threads that are in the spider-friendly mode. So, when you do that Google search for THIS site you get over 1200 returns. But do the same thing for my forum like this: site:http://www.britishcarforum.com +ubb/showflat and it only returns about 2 links (or four if you show those omitted). If there were more than those few in Google, that search should show them just as it does for THIS site. My site IS in spider friendly mode and has been except for a very brief period back in January. Doing a search for www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum will show all sorts of links, that is a fact - but these are all (or mostly) things other than threads themselves. Even Rick agrees that there is something fishy going on with my site and Google (see his reply in this thread a few pages back).

Ok, so all that said, I am convinced that Google is not indexing my THREADS like it should be. Why this is happening I have no idea, which is driving me crazy. Maybe it is just that I am not being patient enough since it has only been about 4 months since the change to the new threads. I have heard that Google recently changed their algorithms, so maybe it is just going to take longer than I expected – time will tell. So, rather than beat a dead horse, I will cool my jets for another month and then see how many actual threads are shown from the new install. If there are significantly more than the one or two that show up now, I will be VERY happy. But if there are still only one or two as currently show up, then I will be convinced beyond any doubt that something is wrong with my site. I don’t think it it a problem with Threads 7 because lots of threads show up for this site. I am thinking it is something in the way I have my pages configured, or maybe screwed up Meta Tags, or .htaccess or robots.txt problem, or maybe even something in my server config. But like I said, I will drop the discussion for now and give it another month then reassess. Fair enough?

Cheers,
Basil

PS: In the meantime, if I figure out a solution I will certainly post it here.