IIRC, you made several posts in the past in regards to accessing and modifying the database through PHPMyAdmin and not directly through the forum; it's entirely possible that management of the data through anything other that UBB.threads (as each linked portion of data is managed at once via the built in routines) could be causing your issues (as 7.5.9 was simply minor fixes, and the last time the scripts where actually added to where 7.5.7 in 2012) as I haven't witnessed this behavior at all before, nor should the original post have different permissions than the other posts (edit post time perm is the only one that should count in this case).

Previous posts:
How to Automate Pruning Topics
Orphaned Post
How to Merge Two Databases

The only other things I could recommend is having you check other forums for similar behavior, or check if any of their other groups have permissions which would override the target groups settings (possibly a -1 somewhere in the permission settings).

If you have modified data in the database directly (outside of UBB.threads) as the above posts suggest, the only real thing I can recommend is to compare any "messed up" table data (which could really be anywhere; forum permissions, forum data, user permissions, post data, etc.) to table data that you're 100% certain has only been managed through the built in options in UBB.threads.

You could try advanced support through the support desk here, but at this point there aren't many things we'd be able to check with user to user support.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!