Originally Posted by Baldeagle
Originally Posted by Gizmo
The SQL Command section of the control panel should really have a warning; data which is altered via this tool should only be done by a user who is well versed in MySQL, as you can completely hose your forum very easily. Altering the raw data was the intention of my prior posting, including with use of this tool.

As for settings, it is done in minutes, just as the permission editor states:
Edit Post Time Limit: This is a setting in minutes and specifies how long a post can be edited after it was initially created.

Also, being an Admin supersedes all permissions, an Admin should be able to do anything, at any time, because they're the boss. As such, you should be doing any tests with user level accounts and not an elevated account.
I need to fully understand this. What does 0 do in the Edit Post Time Limit field? What does 1 do? What value should I use if I don't want Members to have any time limit at all?
Each permission has a different value, read the heading under each section for the correct usage. In a TIME BASED permission a 1 would be "1 second" or "1 minute", depending on what the header indicates.

If it's an on/off permission then it's 0/off, 1/on; if it's a time based permission it's 0/off or value length (in either seconds or minutes; again, the editor will tell you which, which is why it's there).

In the hopes of not having to clarify this again (since I've already done it more than once), I'm attaching two images, one of which is a TIME BASED permission, the other is an ON/OFF permission; the header indicates WHICH. In my examples below I am using the "Edit Any Post" permission, this permission gives users a moderator like permission, I would highly advise not allowing your users to have this.
Attachments
editpostlimittime.png editanypostonoff.png

Last edited by Gizmo; 08/09/2016 4:03 PM. Reason: Added Images

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!