Look, I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm trying to understand how the board works so I can run this problem to ground. My Member group has the Edit Post Time Limit value set to 1. According to you that means they have one second to edit a post. After that, the edit capability no longer exists. So, I became a member who posted something on Aug 4. I went to the post as him. He has the ability to edit. So clearly a 1 does not mean 1 second on my board. That's not logical. Either that or something is completely out of whack with my board.

Now, so you understand, I was a computer security professional for 20 years. I wrote scripts in perl and php and small programs in C++ and Java. I created sql scripts and worked extensively with mysql. So I'm not a complete novice at this stuff, and I'm very careful not to screw things up. With that out of the way, here's a snippet of your code:

scripts/editpost.inc.php
PHP Code
 $expired	= $userob->check_access("forum","EDIT_POSTS",$Board) * 60;
		$current	= $html -> get_date();
		if ( ($current - $Posted > $expired) && (!$userob->check_access("forum","EDIT_ANY",$Board) ) ){
				$html -> not_right($ubbt_lang['EDITTIME']);
		}

So clearly what you are saying is true - UNLESS - something else is overriding it. Since my board works with a value of 1, either something is overriding it or my board is totally borked. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Just so we're clear, Members EDIT_ANY value is set to 0. select EDIT_ANY from sbf_FORUM_PERMISSIONS where GROUP_ID='7' and EDIT_ANY='1' returns no rows.

Last edited by Baldeagle; 08/10/2016 12:28 AM.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB