Originally Posted by JAISP
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Each permission has a different value, read the heading under each section for the correct usage. In a TIME BASED permission a 1 would be "1 second" or "1 minute", depending on what the header indicates.

If it's an on/off permission then it's 0/off, 1/on; if it's a time based permission it's 0/off or value length (in either seconds or minutes; again, the editor will tell you which, which is why it's there).
OK. This is what I am not understanding. If you set it to 0, does that mean there is no time limit at all? Or does it mean 0 seconds? Looking at the code, it seems to mean 0 seconds. We didn't want to have a time limit for Members, so it looks like we just have to use a number that corresponds to a ridiculously long time period, such as 10 years.

Originally Posted by JAISP
Originally Posted by Baldeagle
If you're not employed by UBBSystems, why does it say you're a UBB Developer? I took what you wrote to mean that UBB was no longer going to answer my questions, which I found rather off putting.

Gizmo is one of the individuals involved in the design and writing of the UBB.threadsâ„¢ PHP Forum Software.
Obviously I don't know what that means. I thought it meant he was an employee.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB