Well I am sure somebody already said this but I am too lazy to read what everybody typed right now.

#1.. What is the point of removing the query string? (stuff after the ? in the url).. That would be nearly impossible (not with out pretty much a complete re-write of how the pages interact with each other)...... also it would mean you can't link to specific forums or posts.... so WHAT would be the point again? remove the query string to make the forum LESS of a community?!?! (sorry to be harsh, but I just can't figure out why somebody thought this was a good idea?!?!)

#2. So basically turn the forum into a mailing list with an archive & web interface?! well.. decent idea, but I dunno. It's already possible to an extent.. You cant send emails and then have them appear on the site, but if you had that then what would be the point of the forum again? Neat feature, but not really a must if you ask me. Just get some good mailing list software. There is plenty of it out there with addons to do exactly this..


What would I like to see? How about a rewrite of the forum... Create an API in Perl AND PHP that allows *anybody* to write their own front end using that API (no, not HTML front end.. I mean real code + html etc..).. The software could come with a default front end (that looks like this existing one) but anybody else could write their own if they wanted..

This way people could write their own interfaces and COOL plugins for the forum easily by using the API AND give their interfaces away over the internet with out actually giving away the forum.. People who download the new interface still require to have the API(set of classes) for the forum (that they paid for) in order to use it.

This way the back end work can stay in screams hands while the front end junk like HTML templates, cool new layouts, plugins etc can be focused on more by other people..

It would also make it easier to write more community like features into the forum... Or even make it easier to embed it into your existing site (since everything is laid out how you want)

I dunno maybe I am living in a dream world. hehehe

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg