I like the idea and all.. But seriously.. If it's that big of a problem then you should get a mailing list and have the forum on the side for now.
I've never seen a community where people were too lazy to even open their browser, but I suppose they do exist. You should consider setting up a mailing list.
I do think it would be a neat feature to post by sending an email, but then how would that work? You would have to have a seperate email address to send messages to so that you can post to specific forums?! Otherwise how do you make a post to 1 forum when you have 30 of them? etc etc..
I personally think screams time would be better spent writing other features. This one seems like it could be way too complex. He could pump out a lot of cool features in the time it would take him to do this one.
------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg